Basic Policy Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
TEPCO i-FRONTIERS, Inc. (hereafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes that the correct handling of personal information and measures for its protection are important social responsibilities, and shall handle personal information correctly in accordance with the following policy.
1. Observance of Laws and Regulations
The Company shall observe all laws, guidelines issued by the relevant authorities, company rules, and other regulations related to the handling of personal information.
2. Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
So that the business of the Company can operate correctly and smoothly, the Company shall be permitted to acquire and use names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information.
The acquisition of this personal information shall be by lawful and fair means and procedures, and the acquired personal information shall be used within the range necessary for the correct and smooth operation of the Company’s business.
If a person does not wish to receive information about the products, services, and other elements of the company, that person may submit a request to the Company and the Company will discontinue the provision of such information to that person.
3. Ensuring the Safety and Accuracy of Personal Information
The Company shall enact the measures necessary in order to prevent leakage, loss, damage, unauthorized access, or similar incidents involving personal information, and shall conduct appropriate personal information management.
The Company shall endeavor to keep the personal information in its possession accurate and up to date within the range necessary for achieving the purpose of its use.
4. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following circumstances.
- - The consent of the individual concerned has been obtained.
- - Such disclosure or provision is urgent and necessary in order to protect human life and health or property, and obtaining the consent of the individual concerned is difficult.
- - It is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency, local government body, or an entity entrusted with duties by the aforementioned in performing matters prescribed by laws.
- - Personal information is provided as part of business succession.
- - Personal information is disclosed or provided to a contractor within the range necessary to achieve the purpose of its use.
In this case, necessary and appropriate supervision shall be carried out in order to ensure that this contractor handles personal information correctly, by means such as concluding an agreement related to the handling of personal information.
- - Other cases when disclosure or provision to a third party is permitted based on laws and other regulations
5. Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal Information
If an individual requests disclosure of his/her personal information, then after confirming that the request is from the individual concerned, the Company shall endeavor to promptly disclose the information based on laws and other regulations.However disclosure may not be possible in the following circumstances.
- - When there is the risk of harm to the life, health, property, or other rights of a third party
- - When there is the risk of significant interference with the business operations of the Company
- - When doing so would be in violation of laws or other regulations
- - When the request for disclosure is not made in accordance with the procedures established by the Company
In cases such as when the contents of personal information in the possession of the Company are inconsistent with the facts, then based on a request from the individual concerned, the Company shall correct, delete, or take other action within the range necessary for the Company’s business operations.
6. System Improvements
When laws are revised or similar changes occur, the Company shall endeavor to review and improve the above system as necessary.
In the event that the Company reviewed the above system and revised this Policy, it shall provide notice of the revised contents on this web page.